Senior Software Engineer
Dublin, Ireland / Zaragoza, Spain / Berlin, Germany
FieldAware is looking for a senior developer who understands the architecture of the web and has a proven track record in solving challenging engineering problems with elegance and pragmatism. You will be working in an agile environment with an international team across Europe and North America, taking part in feature plan sessions, committing code early and often and interfacing with the requirement, design, mobile and sys op teams.
By joining FieldAware, you will be working with some of the latest technologies in web and mobile applications. The end result of your work will be directly experienced by thousands of users worldwide and will shape and transform the service and maintenance industry. You will experience a creative and fast-paced environment at every stage of development, from requirements gathering to QA and finally deployment. If you value challenging problems, autonomy and ownership of projects, then join the FieldAware engineering team.
- Design and implementation of new backend services on Linux / Aurora / AWS using python, sqlalchemy & flask amongst other technologies
- Work closely with product management to understand requirements and design of new product features.
- Architect & implement solutions throughout the development lifecycle, from requirements all the way to deployment
- Evaluation and selection of new technology
- Optimise performance of existing services
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested
- Expert in python, sqlalchemy, flask and/or MySQL with demonstrated ability to implement large scale systems.
- We also accept applications from experts in Ruby or Java who are willing to dive into Python
- 5+ years in commercial application development with shipped products
- Linux admin or Kafka experience an advantage
- Experience in scaling up application services on AWS or similar platform
- Ability to work in medium-sized teams and deliver under tight deadlines
- CS/Engineering or Maths degree preferred
Apply for this Position
If you’re convinced that you are the best candidate for this position and demonstrate your abilities, apply today!
Job Type - Full-time